DIY mirror as a great wall decoration
Each of us gets the desire for a change in his home in a moment. You want to enrich the decor either by a new piece of furniture or something homemade. If you are one of these people and have the courage and desire to home, we would like to support and stimulate your imagination with an idea for DIY mirrors.
We admit that we were a bit skeptical about the quick and easy production of this DIY mirror. But with the right technology, good materials and suitable accessories, everything works well. And now the instructions how to master this “mirrored piece of jewelry” …
Create your own mirror design
The glass cutting knife is very helpful for this DIY project
The required materials:
- Cutting instrument for glass
- Metal ruler
- working gloves
- safety goggles
- Color spray gold colored
- Wooden plate as a base
- glass cleaner
DIY mirrors – step by step
DIY mirror – the instructions:
1. Place the wooden plate as a work surface where it is most comfortable for you. Use the ruler and marker to draw the shape of an octagon. Move the marked lines over with the glass cutting knife. Pull the mirror towards the edge of the workbench and break through the mirror ends. (Do not forget to wear goggles and put on work gloves)
2.Clean the mirror with the detergent.
3.Bekleben with the foil and make sure that no air bubbles form.
Draw geometric figures on the mirror
Work with caution and in peace
4.Draw the lines on the image with the ruler and the marker. The width of the lines is up to your taste and depending on your preferences wider or finer. But we recommend a width of about 4.5 cm. Cut the desired distances very easily with the glass cutting knife and carefully remove the film.
5. Smooth the mirror edges with the sandpaper. This prevents the risk of cutting.
6. Spray the glued mirror with the gold spray. If necessary, you can spray several times until you get a uniform color.
7. Carefully peel off the foil that is inside the marked lines, leaving only the mirror with the golden lines. (Remove the whole foil from the mirror)
8.Now your DIY mirror is ready. Place it as desired and whim.
These are the steps you must follow to create a stylish mirror. We hope it is not too complicated for you and at least you have the courage to try it. Good luck with this challenge!
A great decoration for every room
The cuts should be made exactly and carefully
Give the mirror a great shape
Eliminate fingerprints and any dirt
Prevent the risk of cutting
The width of the lines is up to your taste
The DIY ideas are always a challenge for hobbyists
More ideas for DIY mirrors
Use your full imagination
Wall and room decoration in one