Posted on September 3, 2015 by Gioia
Updated on September 15, 2015
Let there be light: lamps and lights
When it comes to designing your own four walls, you do your best and make every effort to make you feel comfortable in your rooms. One sets on harmonious colors or creates specific contrasts. The decoration is carefully chosen to give the room that special something.
Unfortunately, the greatest efforts bring nothing, if the light is not right. To bright light dazzles and can even “drown out” colors so to speak. To dark light, the harmony of the colors does not even come into their own. Proper lighting ensures wellbeing in a room. Ideally, lighting should be planned well before construction or before renovation.
Optimal lighting achieved by modern lamps
The sun in the room
There are countless ways to bring light into a room. Before making your decision, consider a few things:
- The areas in the house differ not only in their location but also in their location function , Accordingly, the lighting must be selected.
- If it is a work area (e.g., kitchen, office, workshop, etc.) or a walk-in area (e.g., stairs to the basement, staircase to the upper floor), a bright light should be chosen. This prevents larger and smaller accidents, e.g. when going down the stairs or cutting in the kitchen.
- For sleeping and relaxation area a slightly gentler light should be chosen. A dimmed light provides relaxation and creates a soothing atmosphere.
- Since the living room area usually performs several functions (e.g., relaxation area, reading area, but in some cases also work area), several types of lighting can be applied.
A wide selection of different lights and lamps are available, for example. at wohnlicht.com , There you can be inspired for your own four walls and choose the right lighting for every room and every area.
Illuminate multifunctional rooms
A lamp in the room is often not enough. As in the case of living room, several activities can be performed in one room – also in parallel by several family members. In a corner, Mother reads her novel relaxed, the father is looking at the puzzle with the son at the living room table, the daughter leafs through the living room carpet relaxed in fashion magazines and the grandma knits comfortably in her chair. A bright ceiling light should be sufficient in this case or not? But you should not forget one thing:
- Where there is light is also shadow! So it can happen that in an unfavorable position, on the place that should be lit, a shadow falls. This is especially annoying when reading or knitting. Then you may have to switch to a position that is less comfortable. Bad light also burdens the eyes.
- Although large lights provide a lot of light, but also consume a lot of energy. If you only want to read a book in the corner in the evening, while the partner is watching TV, a small lamp is enough. Stand lamps not only look good, so in such a situation, they also save energy.
- A optimal lighting is particularly important when reading, writing or doing handicrafts such as knitting or crocheting. Therefore, it is advisable to add additional light to protect your eyes from straining.
- If you install additional lighting in a room, you should choose it so that it does not disturb the other family members. If e.g. the reading lamp in the bedroom is too glaring, it can be quite uncomfortable for the partner who wants to sleep.
Light for outside
But the exterior of a house should be well lit. This is especially important in the entrance area, when e.g. There are stairs or high steps. The garden is given a special atmosphere when it shines in the dark in beautiful soft colors. Also there are different design options that not only contribute to your own well-being, but also make the neighbors look pretty jealous.
Your photo was saved successfully