Create yourself an effective DIY lamp
Surely you have in many designer furniture stores, great light body and chandelier seen with wicker balls. But their prices are usually relatively high. The good news is that you can make an equally beautiful, even perhaps more chic, one in your own home for less. You just need the following:
A lamp that also provides a great lighting effect
- rubber ball
- Adhesive – best of all, that does not move too fast for you to model the lamp
- Hemp rope – the length depends on the size of the ball; monochrome or colorful, according to taste
- Latex gloves
- a garbage bag or old towel
- permanent markers
- a luminous body
The instructions in 10 steps:
- Draw a circle on the rubber ball with the permanent marker. Best around the air opening. The circle width should be so large that you can put the light body at the end by it. Important: You should not wrap a rope around this part.
- Cover the work surface with the garbage bag so that you do not smudge it.
- It’s best to put the glue on the rope over and over again and wrap it around the ball. Or apply the glue on the thumb and forefinger (or on all fingertips), this will apply the glue to the rope as you wrap it.
- After applying the glue, start wrapping the rope around the rubber ball. Repeat the rope over and over again and form a net with different density and width. Remember, the closer the hemp rope is wrapped, the firmer and stronger the lamp becomes.
- Do not forget to leave the opening free. It is very important to give the area around the opening a great strength.
- After you have covered the ball with the rope and glued, let your work dry. This could take more than 24 hours.
- After everything has dried out well, let the air out of the ball.
- Attach the hemp rope ball to the light body.
- Caution: If you are unsure about mounting the electrical element, seek medical help.
- Attach your beautiful, brand new DIY lamp to the ceiling.
The last steps to your DIY lamp
This can also be a great bedside lamp
In this way, you can also tinker a floor lamp yourself. But in this case you should leave two openings: one at the top and one at the bottom to attach the lamp and the light bulb.
Besides the round shape you can make a lamp with rectangular lampshade. However, you will need a box or other rectangular item for this. However, you should remember that you need to take that element out.
With this idea you can make many different lamps yourself , You only need hemp rope, glue, an element around which you can wrap the rope and of course time and will.
Try it and look forward to the end result.
You can additionally decorate the DIY lamp to your whim
Is that your favorite color?
Another beautiful lighting idea with hemp rope
Make sure you have the lamp well mounted to the ceiling
You can paint the ball in any color
Three different sized hemp rope lamps are a great room accent
Even with ordinary knitting yarn you can make small balls as decoration
Spice up the old lampshade