Almost everyone has dreamed of a magical look in the apartment. In this direction, water colors could be the right choice for your own home. This new trend gives your home a chic and stylish, but also artistic look. wall colors Watercolor can be perfectly inscribed into the entire interior, if they are skillfully and tastefully attuned to the rest of the interior of the room.
With some simple techniques, you can also create the wall with watercolors
Wall color watercolor – techniques for beginners
At the beginning you need:
Watercolor wall paints (dyes in one or more shades)
Various tools: brush / sponge / wraps / paper towels / brushes / cloths – for the different techniques
a clean wall
- Stir in water the dyes with the binders and the glaze to a stable consistency.
- Do the first job on the wall. It should be pale and not begin in the corners or on the ceiling approach, but a little lower from the ceiling. Work quickly and with a controlled amount of water so that the dyes do not dry out too quickly or run away unintentionally. So you have finished with the first layer. By the end of the first application, the wall should have wet parts.
- Techniques – You can choose between 4 techniques when applying the watercolors – wipe with a brush, dab with a sponge, paint with a brush or wrap with a rag.
- At best, choose only one way of working.
- Allow the water colors to dry out and then apply a second coat.
- Spots and polka dots look abstract and artistic.
- The movements with the flap are circular or similar to a horizontal 8.
- The intensity of the color depends on the amount of water and the technique of applying it to the wall. Where you have not distributed the color, it will stay saturated.
- Apply a second color very carefully over the first, making sure that the colors come from a color palette so that there are no brown (or other unpleasant dark) nuances.
- Repeat until you reach the desired structure!
Apply the paint to a specific place and then spread it to create this effect
The stucco technique
Wall color watercolor – ideas and colors
When designing with wall colors you can unfold your imagination and create something completely new. The use of different paintings would be possible and welcome for the experienced. In any case, spots and speckles look very abstract and artistic. The ombre look is also recommended. If you intentionally let the colors run away, you will also get an interesting pattern. You can make a draft sketch in advance so that you can keep the basic idea in mind.
As a new trend, watercolor is available in different shades. However, you should choose the colors carefully, so that they are identical to the colors of the interior and do not create any gross contrasts. In our picture gallery we have exhibited some ideas that you can scroll down. We hope that this article inspired you to paint the walls imaginatively with watercolor. And we wish you a lot of fun!
This brown and red wall color design looks like it has a 3D effect
Pastel shades can also look artful
Wall paint marine blue applied to the wall
50 shades of gray
A colorful painting of flowers that peps up the ambience
The ombre technique in blue
Muted colors in the bedroom are reassuring
With Aquerell, the wall can be embellished in numerous nuances
Put the colors together so that they harmonize with each other
Paint a landscape with watercolor
Bright colors refresh the living room
A great, stark variant for the bedroom
A discreet, monochrome decision for the bedroom
Not so dramatic contrasts look great too
A fancy idea for the pros
Swabs can be so eyecatching
The pastel nuances are now in vogue